Tuesday, April 5, 2011

ACES What are your expectations going into your ACES project? Your hopes & fears? What are some of your assumptions?

     I did not expect much from the ACES project. My initial thoughts were that this was going to be a lot of work, it wouldn't really matter to me or anyone else, and that I would not get any benefit out of it. I was hoping that I would not have to do so much work nor spend a lot of time on this project and that I would be working with others who know what they are doing and can get the task done fast. I was assuming that this project would just be wasted time and I would have to take time out of my busy schedule to just do nothing that would matter in the long run. I fear that I would not know what I am doing and that no one would help me so I spend all my time wasting it on this project and add stress upon myself.
     This is not entirely true in reality. It is true that the project is a lot of work, take up a lot of my time, I would not know what I was doing, and no one in my team knows what they are doing either, but it does benefit me and  others in the long run. I was part of a bigger picture. I would be spreading the message of p4p to others around the community. I am also learning a lot that is going on around me that affects me personally and politically.

No comments:

Post a Comment