Thursday, February 24, 2011

ACES question

Now it is time to blog an ACES question, or at least that is what I hope is what the assignment wants us to do. I basically get what ACES is trying to get us to do, but if I have to post a question, I guess it would be:

How does ACES relate to p4p and American cultures and what do they want us to ultimately do? (if someone is in the technology team: What stuff do they want us to put on the website and how do they want us to format it?)

also:

Why do we need to attend at least one open mic?

This stuff has been bugging me for a while and I would appreciate it if someone would help me clarify these topics.

1 comment:

  1. Good questions. One of the things that are accomplished by our ACES residencies is the we get to move off of campus and out into the community. One of the goals of P4P is to spread our passion for poetry and cultural awareness out into the community as well as taking advantage of all the learning experiences that the world outside of Cal has to offer.

    The open mics becoma a vuluable experience in participating in a poetry community. Also, as you have probably noticed; poetry gives entirely differnt vibe when it is performed b the writer to an audience instead of being read of the page silently. Performance gives a different feel from both the poet and the audience. It is a unique experience that should be had at least once during your P4p ride.

    And the website: The project would really be born out of you and your classmate's visions for the webset, but I think poetry (by students, STP's and poets that we read in class) and pictures would be cool!

    ReplyDelete