Saturday, February 26, 2011
Aces Question
What can I give to the folks at the BCC class that I'm teaching at? How do the students feel about knowing that teaching them is part of a class assignment-- I feel like there might be some kind of hierarchical tension there to have these kids from UCB come in and teach (especially since a lot of the BCC students are much older than us). I understand that we are trying to bring education into a new framework where students teach students in unconventional ways. However, there are moments when I feel like I'm still trying to learn and absorb that I don't know how much I have to offer to these students in the BCC class. After attending my first session at BCC, I'm starting to find the answer to this question but it's something that I will continue to try to understand as I go through the experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment