Wednesday, March 2, 2011

ACES Questions

1. My expectations going into engaged scholarship are that I will be able to grow as a person, meet new people, and overcome anxiety challenges that I have. I expect for the projects to be fun and entertaining!

2. Unfortunately, I have not spent much time off campus since I have come to Cal. A couple of times, I went to Cragmont Elementary to help tutor some of the students. I have been to Oakland quite a few times to Kaiser. I have also visited San Francisco a few times, but other than that, I have not spent much time off campus. I usually just stay here or go home to spend time with family.

3. I am from the south bay (San Jose) and I am enrolled as a student at Cal. This makes me even more passionate about ACES and the projects because I really want to reach out to my local communities.

4. I mainly selected B-tech because I felt like I would grow as a person and at the same time, the students would be benefiting as well. Many of my younger friends and neighbors are currently in continuation schools (phoenix high school), so I feel like I will get along well with the students. Second, I chose to be in the Open Mic team and then I chose to be in BCC. I honestly do not have a reason for choosing those, I was too enthusiastic about B-tech to think about the other projects.

5. I hope that I will do well in the project that I am being chosen to be on. I fear that I will not do well in that project. I have an anxiety disorder so this will definitely be a challenge for me.

2 comments:

  1. BTECH sounds really cool. tell us more in section. I wanted to do BTECH because it sounds like an amazing learning opp but it didnt match my schedule

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACES Response

    • What are your expectations going into engaged scholarship?
    o i want to learn more about my beloved community, ive grown up in the bay my whole life, i am looking for a new life changing experience through the aces.


    • Have you spent much time off campus since you got to Cal?
    o A LOT im from here! nuff said


    • Are you from the bay area/not enrolled? If so, how does this affect your relationship to ACES?
    o i am from the bay area, Oakland, California, and i it affects my relationship with aces, because i love my community and where i am from, the people are so diverse and i look forward to working with others and learning about them and their life, as i learn more about myself!

    • Which projects did you select and why?
    o I selected promotion team. Honestly, i wanted to do the B-tech residency because ive always been involved with youth my whole life and i was looking forward to them teaching me something! but classes conflicted so i chose the promotion team. I am excited about the promo team because we are gonna be promoting p4p around the bay and attending a lot of different open mics and performing! woot woot COMMUNITY! lol


    • What are your hopes & fears?
    o the only fear i have is not being able to walk away with new experiences. But i hope and know it is going to be an awesome semester with ACES and i cnt wait to learn more about my beloved community and write some bomb ass poetry! WOOT

    ReplyDelete