I was really looking forward to the experience and sharing P4P's unique approach to poetry.
I really enjoy working with the BCC group; people seem really enthusiastic about it.
The biggest thing I took away from the first BCC trip is that it is something entirely different than I expected. I expected to see a wide range of ages with some people near our age and some older. The reality is that almost all of the students are older than us. At first, it seemed like it would be difficult to be a STP for a class full of people older than me. A lot of the students already had bachelors degrees, children or grandchildren. The woman I had a check in with was actually a Berkeley grad and tried to set me up with her daughter; so that was fun.
After getting over the initial shock of seeing how old the people were, the first lesson went well and I am excited to talk to them about vertical rhythm and work-shopping their Othello self-affirmation pieces.
hahahah! I cant believe she tried setting you up with her daughter, that mustve been interesting!
ReplyDeleteWow, Im surprised at the fact that they are much older than you. I was expecting the students to be around our age!